Training & Workforce Development Program
Job Readiness & Employability Skills Training. 27 hours of training designed to prepare individuals with employability skills that prepare them for success in seeking, securing and maintaining gainful employment.
Each individual will leave the training with:
- An Individual Strength & Potential Assessment
- A Resume
- Job Referrals (as authorized)
High School Job Readiness & Employability Skills Training
- 27 hours of above training geared specifically for youth
- Follow-up Mass Job Interviews (mock & actual) for participants of above program
Job Development & Placement Assistance
Identification of community based employers for customer assignment to permanent employment.
Customized Training & One-to-One Direct Job Placement
Experience Coordination: (Adults & Youth
Job Shadowing Experience Coordination
Coordination of career exploration activity designed to increase customer’s awareness of positions and industries of interest.
- Identification an integrated, community-based work environment;
- Coordination of the experience; and
- Completion of report including observations/feedback from the professional(s) shadowed
Community Based /Situational Assessment
Observation of the customer at the worksite to determine the feasibility of the placement including evaluation of:
- task(s) performance;
- job duty restrictions;
- needed job modifications;
- need for, nature and intensity of job specific supports;
- capacity to respond to support services including job coaching
- additional intervention or training needs necessary to maintain the current job; or determination of a more suitable placement
Job Coaching & Skills Training
Intensive one-to-one instruction and advocacy at the work site to enhance individual’s performance and success through:
- On-site assistance for the worker, co-workers, and supervisor based on community based/situational assessment;
- On-going assessments via data collection tracking and job-site modification as appropriate;
- On-site worker support and intensive skills instruction including, but not limited to: techniques to improve and maintain job performance skills and job-related soft skills (e.g. Workplace Etiquette and Communications, Time and Responsibility Management, Teamwork, etc.) and assistance in transitioning from dependence on job coach to self-advocacy including building natural supports through co-workers.
3031 West Grand Blvd. Suite 531
Detroit, MI 48202